Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem opening pictures within archived items when connected through citrix

robertazo
Level 3

hello,

we're actually facing the following issue:

when clicking on the "view original item" hyperlink of an archived item it will be shown within IE but pictures that are within the item as attachment won't show correctly. They will be shonw with a red cross (please see attachment).

Clicking on the link for the picture itself within the IE window will open the picture itself correctly but we want to see the picture itself after clicking "view original item".

This behaviour is happening only when connected via Citrix. Doing the same locally opens a window within Outlook and the original item as well as the attached picture are being shown perfectly.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks, Roberto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

robertazo
Level 3

hello,

I now was able to fix the problem by creating a WebApp.ini file with the following paramters:

ArchiveExplorerSettings=0

ViewMessage_Format=MSG

This way if users click on the link "View the original item" an outlook window will be forced to be opened getting a popup for opening/saving downloads. Clicking on the tab "Open" will open the outlook window and the pictures will be shown correctly.

This has nothing with Citrix to do. The behaviour can just change for the same user since locally they are using local profiles and in Citrix roaming profiles.

Regards, Roberto

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

just as a matter of interest, what happens when you doubleclick the shortcut itself?
Does it open correctly?
What version of the EV Client are you using on Citrix?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

robertazo
Level 3

Hello Jesus,

when double clicking on the shortcut itself it opens perfectly in Citrix.

The EV Client version is "Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP-only Outlook Add-In 9.0.17481" and we're using Enterprise Vault Server Version: 10.0.3.1090

Roberto

JesusWept3
Level 6
Why not upgrade to the EV10 SP4 Client?

robertazo
Level 3

just after your first answer we installed outlook add-in 10.0.3.1090 Version 10.0.13378 but that didn't help either --> same result.

Do you think installing SP4 additionally would be needed?

Roberto

JesusWept3
Level 6
Probably won't help I think if it were me, I'd run a fiddler trace and see what IIS is returning when it tries to grab the image Honestly I don't know many people who really use those links when they can double click the shortcut My guess would be that it's some Internet explorer setting but couldn't say for sure

ManishN
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Have you published Outlook in citrix?

What happen if you use OWA and do the same thing? i hope you should see the same behavior

Just Check https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/accessing-archived-mails-clicking-view-original-item

Also Internal Article TECH128176 if you have a support case.

robertazo
Level 3

@Jesus, thanks so far for your feedback. Could you tell me what the fiddler trace is? should we see any connection attempts within the IIS logs?

@ManishN, In Citrix we have published the whole Desktop.

Actually we don't have the OWA functionality installed for accessing archived items.

General question about the issue:

Do you know why the behavior when clicking on "view original item" is that different:

locally - an outlook window it's being opened.

citrix - an IE window it's being opened.

Thanks, Roberto

ManishN
Level 4
Employee Accredited

If you use Fiddler then you will see the constructed URL which might not be accessible when your end client access through Citrix, you can confirm by pasting the URL in IE however when you try locally you will notice that the url is accessible.

robertazo
Level 3

hello,

I now was able to fix the problem by creating a WebApp.ini file with the following paramters:

ArchiveExplorerSettings=0

ViewMessage_Format=MSG

This way if users click on the link "View the original item" an outlook window will be forced to be opened getting a popup for opening/saving downloads. Clicking on the tab "Open" will open the outlook window and the pictures will be shown correctly.

This has nothing with Citrix to do. The behaviour can just change for the same user since locally they are using local profiles and in Citrix roaming profiles.

Regards, Roberto