cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process could not be started due to the following error: Unable to access proccess Manager

jhy
Level 1

Hey

After windows update 12.04 our Enteprise Vault 10.0.3.190 have been struggeling starting the indexing service.

When it tries to start i see diffrent errors in eventlog and dtrace.

the most common error is:

The EVExchangeWebServicesProxy process could not be started due to the following error:

Unable to access Process Manager

The EVTaskGuardian process could not be started due to the following error:

The EVStgOfflineOpns process could not be started due to the following error:

The EVStorageQueueBroker process could not be started due to the following error:

Tried uninstalling the Windows updates for Windows os, had no effect. 

Saw it was alot of Office updates aswell but i havent removed them yet. 

Is there anyone who have the same problem or can help me out?

2 REPLIES 2

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I would advise to run a repair of the EV binaries. Also, if any cumulative hotfix is installed, make sure you reinstall it after that.
--Virgil

PaulGrimshaw
Level 4

Hi jhy,

It is impossible really for me to say why you are having these issues with the indexing service and you cannot raise a call with technical support as you are running an EOL product unless you have purchased an extension contract.

If the previous advice has been followed and you have reinstalled the binaries and you have the same problem then the prudent advice at this point would be to upgrade to a supported version of Ev, so EV 11 but ideally you would be on the latest version.

However, I may be able to assist if you can gather some DTRACE logging information and post the log file here to see if that shows anything further. So what I would like you to do is the following:-

1. Setup a DTRACE on the processes that are piping out this error.

2. Also choose the AdminService

3. Try to start the indexing service

4. Stop DTRACE and post the log.

Also can you please tell me how many EV servers you have in your environment? Is this just the one or do you have more than one? If more than one then does this issue occur on alkl of your EV servers or just the one?

Paul.

Enterprise Vault Senior Principal Engineer APJ