cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Manual" SMTP Journaling

Tank1
Level 3

Is there any way to move messages that need to be journaled into the SMTP Holding queue so that they can then  be journaled? My efforts so far have not worked....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

The easiest would be to create a Journal Task for that specific Journal Mailbox, and archive it using that. If that is not an option for you, the only option I can think of is to export the mailbox to a PST, then import the PST into a Shared Archive.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA

Why?

The SMTP Journaling also uses some sort of enveloppe. If you copy a message (EML file, not MSG by the way) to the HoldingFolder subfolder, it will not have a targetaddress, and therefor not be journaled. I assume it will get moved to the Holdingfolder\NoMatchingTargetAddress folder

Regards. Gertjan

We moved over to SMTP journaling a little while back. The journal tasks were removed but we found an application that is still routing to one of the jornal mailboxes and I need to get that data into EV

GertjanA

Hello,

The easiest would be to create a Journal Task for that specific Journal Mailbox, and archive it using that. If that is not an option for you, the only option I can think of is to export the mailbox to a PST, then import the PST into a Shared Archive.

Regards. Gertjan