cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

""Failed to perform the search request" using either Search Vaults or Archive Explorer

dorlow615
Level 4

I have multiple archives that are showing the error "Failed to perform the search request" when attempting to view it in Archive Explorer or search it in Search Vaults. 

I can view the archive if I give the vault service account full control and open IE and browse to archiveexplorer.  If I give my non admin account access to it, I get the same error as the user.

I've found mulltiple articles on the internet that states to use the ManageIndexReplay.html or IndexVolumeReplay.exe in the EV installation folder but neither of these programs exist on my servers.  Can anyone lead me into how to troubleshoot this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

dorlow615
Level 4

I just stopped the index service and ran this command...

IndexCheck -c MissingItemsLogFile  -f I:\Index02\index8

Here's the output

Finished. Checked 323 index(es), 0 with errors, 0 with warnings
End time: 6/16/2017 12:00:42 PM
Duration: 2 minute(s) 33 second(s)

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello, which EV version?. As of 10, there is an index admin part in the Console.

Click Indexing, Manage Indexes, use Synchronize, and find 1 or more of those archives. Run the sync. Try again. In an older version (top of my head, might be wrong), open properties of archive, indexing tab, there should be a button to verify or rebuild the index.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA, I've rebuilt the Index via the archive's Index tab now a few times with no change.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi. It might be a permission issue somewhere. As your VSA does have access, it seems to be related to some permission..

As last resort, try the following: close IE. Goto Control Panel, Internet Options. Click Delete. There also is a button for View files and View objects. Use both, select everything and delete. When done, start IE, goto the Archive Explorer page.

If that fails again, I suggest you call support to see if they can assist.

Regards. Gertjan