cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"your search request failed because an Enterprise Vault service was not avaiable"

pdunnigan
Level 4

Enterprise Vault 12.0, I am getting this error when trying to search from Outlook or Web URL, how would I troubleshoot? All services are started on my EV Server, not sure what service it is complaining about. 

Thanks

Pat

2 REPLIES 2

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you tried restarting the EV services? 

--Virgil

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

The Search page displays this message when the Indexing Service is not available. One thing to consider is that even if the Services panel says that the Indexing Service is "running," it may still be in its startup phase, with work to do before it is available to users.

When you start the Indexing Service, it first runs some synchronizations to make sure that the index volume information in the IndexVolume table matches that in the local Repository.xml file. In large environments, or in environments with indexing problems, this synchronization might take some time. There is an event logged to let you know this synchronization is starting. Once it is done, you should see another event like this:

Log Name:      Veritas Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault
Date:          1/25/2018 10:15:25 AM
Event ID:      41302
Task Category: Index Admin Service
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      EV-EXCH
Description:
The Indexing Service has completed its initialization. The service is now functioning fully.

That's your cue that the Indexing Service is open for business.

If the preliminary indexing startup tasks are repeatedly taking a long time, or not completing at all, you'll need to open a support case and we'll get to the bottom of it.

--Chris