cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-enable disabled mailboxes

Geoff_Hutchinso
Level 3

Hi,

I have been moving mailboxes and mailbox archives between sites, prior to moving the mailboxes I disabled archiving for each mailbox.

Now that the mailboxes and archives have been moved I would like to re-enable the mailboxes for archiving again.

I have run the provisioning task but when I use the enable mailbox wizard it does not show any mailboxes to enable.

The users are all in the correct provisioning groups.

When I look at the archiving report for the server they are moved to it correctly shows the mailboxes as being disabled and no archiving being done.

Is there something else that has to be done to re-enable archiving on these mailboxes.

Thanks.

Geoff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Geoff_Hutchinso
Level 3

I checked the targets and all good, I ran another couple of provisioning task runs and also performed some database maintenance, and the disabled mailboxes are now showing and I am now re-enabling them.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What does the provisioning report say for those mailboxes?? And you're moving them in the same EV site, correct? Or to a different site??
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Geoff_Hutchinso
Level 3

The provisioning report shows as updated mailbox, the archives are moving within the same EV site.

Thanks.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Try restarting the task controller service

Geoff_Hutchinso
Level 3

I have restarted all the services, and the servers as well to no avail, 

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You could run the following SQL statement DELETE FROM EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxEntry Then after, re-run provisioning and then try re-enabling again
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

PRADiiP
Level 4

Can you check the provisining Task setting to check if the Exchange server is introduced to your new  EV server?

PRADiiP
Level 4

Also check if the Exchange servers are added in EV Target

Geoff_Hutchinso
Level 3

I checked the targets and all good, I ran another couple of provisioning task runs and also performed some database maintenance, and the disabled mailboxes are now showing and I am now re-enabling them.