Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove exchange server from ev that still has non-active archives point to it

itms-systems
Level 4

Hi, all

Thanks for you help in advance. 

Background: we had Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 co-existing environment for a while, and now it is time to remove Exchange 2003 from system. 

I have followed this link to remove Exchange server from EV http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50256. Upon checking what archives still using this Exchange 2003 server I relise there are thousand accounts that still point to this server. These accounts were removed from AD so never got a chance to be moved to the new Exchange server. 

Question: Do I need to worry about these accounts? What should I do with them? Can I go ahead delete the Exchange 2003 server from EV system any leave these accounts with current status?

Cheers

Ying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No, if their AD account has been deleted then you will just need to enable the new user and point to the existing archive.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

So these are all orphaned archives with no AD account?  If yes, then you won't need to bother with them. 

itms-systems
Level 4

Thanks Tony. One more question, what happens if client return to work? Can I use SynchInMigrationMode registry key to connect the "old" archive with the "new" AD account and expect the Exchange server will be changed for client? 

TonySterling

No, if their AD account has been deleted then you will just need to enable the new user and point to the existing archive.

itms-systems
Level 4

Thanks Tony for your help. 

cheers

Ying