Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running upgrade scripts manually

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

Planning an upgrade of EV9.0.4 to EV10.04 to EV11.0.1CHF5

There is doubt about the health of the EV9 databases. Due to this being a large environment, I would like to run a test upgrade on a copy of the production databases first, from 9.0.4 to 10.0.4. I would like to do that using the SQL scripts, but to be able to do that, I do need to know ofcourse which scripts to run, and the order in which they need to be run.

Does anyone know if there is a document available which describes this? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EVSupportVet
Level 3
Employee

Hello, 

This should do it: 

1. Stop all EV Services on all EV Servers in the site.

2. On the EV Server, go to the installation directory and copy the following scripts to the SQL Server running the Vault Store database. These then need to be run specficially in this order.
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Updates.sql
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Migrate.sql
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Updates2.sql
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Programmability.sql

3. Start the EV Services.

Disclaimer: Please do not attempt this in a production evniornment unless instructed by support! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

EVSupportVet
Level 3
Employee

Hello, 

This should do it: 

1. Stop all EV Services on all EV Servers in the site.

2. On the EV Server, go to the installation directory and copy the following scripts to the SQL Server running the Vault Store database. These then need to be run specficially in this order.
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Updates.sql
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Migrate.sql
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Updates2.sql
  - VaultStoreDB_8_Programmability.sql

3. Start the EV Services.

Disclaimer: Please do not attempt this in a production evniornment unless instructed by support! 

GertjanA

Thanks. Obviously, we will do this on a test-environment with a copy of production only.

Does this also upgrade the directory db's? and the Fingerprint? Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan

Those only upgrade the VS DB'S.  Once you fire up the Directory Service, it will automatically upgrade the EVDB. 

GertjanA

Hello EVSupportVet,

I know that upgrading is supposed to be done using the services starting.

In this specific case, I only have a copy of the databases, not of the 18 EV servers.....

I prefer to run the scripts manually, to see what issues we might run into on the actual upgrade, to be able to fix those to accomodate a smooth upgrade. If this is not possible, I will have to use a hostsfile I think, which has one (test) server as 'all 18 running'. I've done that before (albeit in a much smaller setup).

Thanks

Regards. Gertjan

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thinking about it....

What if you do a test HW migration of primary evserver for pointing to test EVDB and then you do the upgrade to V10.

Best Regards

GertjanA

I'm afraid it will turn out to be something like this. Problem being there are 36 (..) ev servers, 3 different instances with db's etc. I'll be running some sql to correctly configure access, use hostsfile to make sure the 1 test ev server connects to sql test, and that this 1 server 'emulates' the environment. I might start of with making this server act as 1 ev server only, to upgrade directory and monitoring first, but will see how it goes.

thanks for suggesting!

Regards. Gertjan