Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharepoint archive restore queries

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

HI all,

require some explanations on restoration of the SharePoint archive.

setup:-

EV Server – Windows 2008 x64 R2 standard Edition

EV Sql Server -  Windows 2008 x64 R2 standard Edition , Sql 2008 x64

EV Product version – 10.0.1

Production SharePoint Server – 2 front end servers with 2 Sql server’s

Production Sql server- windows 2008 with MS cluster, Sql 2008 x64

queries:-

1) The archival status of the sites data which are archived earlier and if user accidently delete the site?

2)how the archive data behavior if that deleted site is restored from their database backup?

3)how the archive data behavior if the site has been moved to the other database in same Sharepoint server or other Sharepoint server?

regards

Chetan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I found some of the answers of my queries after simmulating the scenario in test environment.

1) The archival status of the sites data which are archived earlier and if user accidently delete the site?

Ans:Archive data will remain even if the user accidently delets the site from source sharepoint server.If the sharepoint administrator restore the site from backup(.bak)file from their native backup software then the shortcuts of the archive data will be sync if the source document is available in site.

3)how the archive data behavior if the site has been moved to the other database in same Sharepoint server or other Sharepoint server?

Ans:No worries if the sharepoint server can accessible EV server,If the servers is not accessible then the shorcuts will be not accessible to users.

If anybody has a view on this kindly share.

Regards

Chetan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

1.SharePoint stores data in Content Database and the archived data in vault storage .if you delete site you are going to loose seamless shortcuts ,inorder to restore those data only option left is searchasp and vacrestore

2) behaviour remains same as earlier

3) you need to have content database as well moved if possible else you are gonna loose data

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I found some of the answers of my queries after simmulating the scenario in test environment.

Ans:Archive data will remain even if the user accidently delets the site from source sharepoint server.If the sharepoint administrator restore the site from backup(.bak)file from their native backup software then the shortcuts of the archive data will be sync if the source document is available in site.

Ans:No worries if the sharepoint server can accessible EV server,If the servers is not accessible then the shorcuts will be not accessible to users.

If anybody has a view on this kindly share.

Regards

Chetan