cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharepoint archiving not happening

goof717
Level 5

Hello.  thanks for the time and effort.

I have recently setup SharePoint 2013 archiving on EV.  However I don't see anything being archived.  the task and service is running.  it created the partition folder and xml file but no data is being archived.  my options are set to archive anything older than 30days.  the SP sites have been up longer than that so I dont see that as an issue.  i apologize if this is a broad statement...anything I can check and look at to narrow down the issue?  thanks again.

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What version of Enterprise Vault are you running?
have you checked the \Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Reports\Sharepoint Archiving directory?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

make sure your task isnt in report mode and EV isnt in backup mode

goof717
Level 5

thank you both for the quick responses.  i found this in the Sharepoint Archiving directory...reports.

*** Error ***    Server was unable to process request. ---> Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Error getting site metadata

No items were matched by any rule

So this seems to be pointing to an permission issue on the site.  but then it goes to say no items were matched?  so did it even check? or just the message give since access was denied?

the sites have been added to IE as trusted.  also this should be the only permissions EV needs on SP, correct:

- vault service account must have local admin permissions on each of the target SP site servers
- vault service account must have site collection administrator privileges on the target SP site collections

goof717
Level 5

just a follow-up.  i am getting a new error now.

*** Error ***    Server was unable to process request. ---> Some or all identity references could not be translated. Error fetching permissions

much appreciated for any insight.