Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortcut deletion

Silvershare
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear All

Please advise, how to delete the placeholders manually, after deletion of the archived item from the vault

EV Version : 9.0.2

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

R_Meeker
Level 4

Although dfgegergerger may have understood theissue with his reply, I am slightly more confused.

If I walk throught the process. User deletes item in search/archive explorer etc. Placeholder left on file server that causes an error if you open it, as there is nothing on the back end.

Now you want to delete the placeholder. There are two ways I think. 1. manually delete it from the file server using Windows explorer. 2. Use hte policy setting in the EV VAC to  either in Folder or Volume policy. 'delete placeholders for items that have been deleted form archives'

hope that helps slighlty more that dfgegergerger's answer.

Rgds

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

R_Meeker
Level 4

Although dfgegergerger may have understood theissue with his reply, I am slightly more confused.

If I walk throught the process. User deletes item in search/archive explorer etc. Placeholder left on file server that causes an error if you open it, as there is nothing on the back end.

Now you want to delete the placeholder. There are two ways I think. 1. manually delete it from the file server using Windows explorer. 2. Use hte policy setting in the EV VAC to  either in Folder or Volume policy. 'delete placeholders for items that have been deleted form archives'

hope that helps slighlty more that dfgegergerger's answer.

Rgds