cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

space needed to perform index upgrade

vjose790
Level 3

Hi All,
I am in the process of upgrading 32 bit index for a customer. I would like to know if the size of the converted index (64 bit) will be same as the original 32 bit index. This is to get an idea of the amount of free space needed at the open index locations.

Environment details:
EV 11
Index Server Groups present

Thanks & Regards,
VJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Tony is right, depending on your current setting. EV12 only has minimum or full. If having full 15% is a good estimation.

The upgrade to 64 bit requires (during upgrade of a location) double the amount, as the 32 bit one will only be removed after the upgrade to 64 bit is done succesfull.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

I believe the published calculation is 13% of the original unarchived size but to be safe you should probably plan for 15%.  You don't want to cut it too close.  

Prone2Typos
I would suggest one other thing to consider is your Vault Store Partition space. If you are doing collections or migration to secondary storage, you will have to have space to extract the data to re-index. If you are re-indexing content on old vault store partitions that have been shrunk to meet their size, re-indexing can have additional space requirements during the process.

GertjanA

Hello,

Tony is right, depending on your current setting. EV12 only has minimum or full. If having full 15% is a good estimation.

The upgrade to 64 bit requires (during upgrade of a location) double the amount, as the 32 bit one will only be removed after the upgrade to 64 bit is done succesfull.

Regards. Gertjan