cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopping a pst migration in progress

Jill_Jones
Level 4
Does anyone know how to do this? I have a user who has a 500MB pst that is trying to migrate over a slow link and I'd like to stop it, but can't do this in the console.
Can I stop the services and delete the temp DB?Message was edited by:
Jill Jones
6 REPLIES 6

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Jill,
If you send a stop to the task controller service, all associated tasks (including the pst migrations) should stop as well.

micah

Jill_Jones
Level 4
I did that and the pst file still shows its status as "migrating". Any other suggestions?

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hmmm,
I wouldn't trust the status then, cause I bet if you did a dtrace you wouldn't see it working (especially if the service is stopped). I'm not sure if you can take a pst out of hte migrating status and set it back to "do not migrate". Give it a shot tho, double click on the archive under PSTs and see if you can edit it back to another action.

micah

Jill_Jones
Level 4
That's the first thing I tried, but it is grayed out.

Craig_Lawrence
Level 2
Did you find a solution?? I have 3 PST files with the Status "Migrating" However, the PCs have been replaced - therefore the PST files are no longer available.

Very keen to find a solution

Craig_Lawrence
Level 2
Found a solution! If you change the migration status from 900 (migrating) to 1000 (Migration Failed) in the PSTFile table from the EntrepriseVaultDirectory Database, then refresh the PST file listing - The "Migrating" PST Status will be fixed!

Cheers,

Craig