cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage queue EVSQ Files not processed - how to handle/remove?

bert_geiger
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi folks,

I found no documents about how to handle EVSQ Files that stay in the Storage Queue indefinitely because of a problem encountered while trying to process a saveset. There must be some way to either restore the contents back to the mailbox they came from or  modify the EVSQ files (e.g. remove the offending savesets) to make them processable by the storage service. What is NOT acceptable is just leaving them in the storage queue; after all, these EVSQ files contain mailbox items that are in limbo - not in the mailbox anymore but not in storage/indexed either! I just know what my customer will say about EV if he ever finds out that actual data is permantly inaccessible...

Regards, Bert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bert_geiger

Addendum: with the help of Veritas Support I was able to extract the contents of the EVSQ files as msg files. It's up to you to reintroduce them to Exchange. It is a lengthy process, so only feasible if there are only a few faulty EVSQs.

Bert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA

Hi Bert,

I have seen this too years ago, on EV12.x, If I recall correct, I solved it by applying the registry key which is mentioned at the bottom of THIS KB.

If that does not work, I advise to open a case with support.

Regards. Gertjan

bert_geiger

Hi Gertjan,

many thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I have neither WS 2012 R2 nor am I doing SMTP Backups - just "normal" Exchange, I'm running EV 14.1, and the dtrace output shows none of the lines referenced in the KB article.

I did add the extensions of the probable troublemakers (.fh11, .fh10,...) to the list of conversion exclusions and will probably also create the registry key. However, the EVSQs already in the SQ are my main problem as they also include "innocent" savesets, and those seem to be  unrecoverable.  I may have to open a case as you suggested.

Regards, Bert

bert_geiger

Addendum: with the help of Veritas Support I was able to extract the contents of the EVSQ files as msg files. It's up to you to reintroduce them to Exchange. It is a lengthy process, so only feasible if there are only a few faulty EVSQs.

Bert