cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strengths and weaknesses of Enterprise Vault

paulbronander
Level 3
What are the strengths and weaknesses of
Enterprise Vault v6 for Exchange archiving?

- Are other products better in specific areas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Well to start with v6 is not supported, so I think the better question is what are the straights and weaknesses of Enterprise Vault v8.  I would recommend a TAM or someone else answer this one :) As for other products, I don't suggest comparing them on this forum.  This is not the place for that. 

Enterprise Vault is the best period :p

Look at this:

imagebrowser image

Symantec positioned in the leader’s quadrant in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Email Active Archiving

"The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted May 2008 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Magic Quadrant graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research note and should be evaluated in the context of the entire report. The Gartner report is available upon request from Symantec."

Need I say more?

--wayne

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Well to start with v6 is not supported, so I think the better question is what are the straights and weaknesses of Enterprise Vault v8.  I would recommend a TAM or someone else answer this one :) As for other products, I don't suggest comparing them on this forum.  This is not the place for that. 

Enterprise Vault is the best period :p

Look at this:

imagebrowser image

Symantec positioned in the leader’s quadrant in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Email Active Archiving

"The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted May 2008 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Magic Quadrant graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research note and should be evaluated in the context of the entire report. The Gartner report is available upon request from Symantec."

Need I say more?

--wayne