cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck in a completing state - PST

Jeff_Daniels
Level 3
Partner

we have an issue with archiving our pst’s they are being located and collected however are being migrated they appear to be stuck in a completing state. However when you look at the properties and the history tab they will say completed.

This has only just started happening, I have tried stopping and starting all the EV services but this did not help.

No error in the event logs 

EV 6 SP4

Windows 2003 server SP2

Regards

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
This usually occurs when the vault store you migrated the PST into has Safety copies set to be removed after backup.  If this is the case, then the state of that PST job will eventually change once you have backed up that vault store. 

It does not occur the same way that mailbox archiving works in that you can't do the backup and the restart the Storage Service and it instantly changes it.  I know with some client side migrations it took a few days to reflect but it eventually did.   Results vary though and those were extreme cases.

Jeff_Daniels
Level 3
Partner
Thank you for that.
We had the remove safty copy after back on.
I checked the backup of EV and it appears it had been skipped. We re run the backup and now they are starting to show completed.

Thanks very much for this.
regards

Jeff Daniels