cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable search Journal archive after upgrade from vesion 11 to Version 12.2

AndrewS98745
Level 3

Hello VOX Members,

Im not able unable to  search Journal archive  after upgrade from vesion 11 to Version 12.2,

We just have only journal  and mailbox archive, on vesion 11 I was  able to do do journal search on legacy  search witout problem and after upgrade search is only  pending , journal archive  has 98 milons messages,  half of indexes was in 32 bit  and Ive done even uppgrade what took  6 weeks but this  didnt  resolve this issue. I want realy  revert back after 2  month to version 11,  and at the moment  we can't purchase additional licence for  discovery accelerator

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Andrew,

Downgrading after a few months means loosing data. The only way to go back is to restore EV11.x databases/indexes/archived data, then install the EV11 binaries. again, you will loose data.

If you have a support contract, it would be an idea to call support. They might have ideas.

In addition, I would check to see if there a CHF's for 12.2 If not, you might want to upgrade to 12.4, which was released last December.

Additionally, it can be your server is overloaded. Do you see performance issues? You also might want to start using a new (journal) archive, and limit the amount of items in the index to 3.000.000 instead of 5.000.000 (setting in EV)

A (hopefully) better answer might be given if you describe what you are seeing, errors from eventlog etc.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

Ive  already  craeted new journal archive , but  still Im  getting  request to search  old one,

Please  let me If I will change  setting and limit index to 1000 0000 or 2000 0000( please  let me  know  where I can do  this ) and  rubild this indexes again  this will improve search performance

please  se as well dtrace and veritas logs from VeritasQuickAssist

please  see attached dtrace logs

GertjanA

Hi andrew, I think the server just cannot cope with the request. If you have a journal archiving license, I thought that also included the DA license, but you might want to check with your SE/Sales contact.

I don't think I can assist futher unfortunately.

161 13:58:38.932  [9296] (w3wp) <8272> EV-H {SOAPSearchService} Exception: Search targets a very large number of indexes and/or documents. Info:Search failed. Diag: Type:Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Search.SearchTooSlowException ST:   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Search.SearchClient.CheckFederatedSearchNotTooLarge(SearchRequest search, IList`1 sources)|   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Search.SearchClient.ExpandSources(SearchRequest request)|   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Search.SearchClient.SearchFullTextIndex(SearchRequest request, String authToken)|   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Search.SearchClient.Search(SearchRequest request, String authToken)|   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Search.SOAPSearchClient.Search(SearchRequest request)|   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Search.Web.SOAPSearchService.Invoke[TResult](Func`1 func, String name) Inner:None

Regards. Gertjan

Ive  found  temporary solution to  do  search, Im  putting half of indexes in offline  mode Im  able  to  get search results this only temp solution:), but Im still looking pernament  solution for this issue  

GertjanA

Hi Andrew,

That does prove my point. Using all indexes overloads the EV server. Best solution = Discovery Accelerator :)

Regards. Gertjan