Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to delete enterprise vault server

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I am trying to delete an enterprise vault server but it fails ...

it say

Failed to delete computer "EVexchJrn" from the Directory

The EnterpriseVault.directory.Connection object reported an error

Any idea ?

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if the EV server no longer exists you'll have to remove it in sql. as always, before doing anything like this make sure to backup and if possible test in your lab.

look for the server in the ComputerEntryTable and make note of its ComputerEntryID

1. If applicable, remove the VS Partition from the PartitionEntry Table, remove Vault Store from the VaulStoreEntry Table, then remove VaultStoreGroup from VaultStoreGroup Table

2. Remove the server entry from the following tables: StorageServiceEntry, ShoppingServiceEntry, TaskControllerServiceEntry, IndexRootPathEntry, IndexServiceEntry, ComputerEntry

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I just checked ...My computer is only in ComputerEntry table...

Unfortunately, I am not a MS-SQL Admin.

Could you tell me how to remove this entry ?

Many thanks !

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the vault service account should have the proper permissions

Ameen
Level 6

1. Login to SQL server with EV service account.
  2. Brows Database>EnterpriseVaultDirectory>Tables
  3. Right click 'PartitionEntry' and select 'Open Table'
    In the table,  find the partition entries which are related  to the server which you want to delete and right click on the same and delete.

Note: it may warn you that you are deleting a row, click on OK. Follow the 3rd step and delete VaultStoreGroup from VaultStoreGroup Table if any.

4. You can follow the same procedure on below mentioned tables
StorageServiceEntry, ShoppingServiceEntry, TaskControllerServiceEntry, IndexRootPathEntry, IndexServiceEntry, ArchivingRetrievalTask, Task, ComputerEntry

Note: When you delete entry it may not get deleted and give a warning that it cannot meet the value with other entry in other table, go to that table and delete it and then try it will work.

5. Refresh the EV Admin console then you can see the server has gone.