cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded DB Schema Version

Y1251
Level 5

Hi,

I'm going to upgarde our EV version from 11 to 12 and the installation completed then we need to run "databaseupgrade"command.

There are message will show the DB Schema Version need to upgarde as below:

WARNING: EnterpriseVaultMonitoring: The database needs to be upgraded from
'7.5.2.5.1' to '12.2.0.9.0'.
WARNING: FSAReporting: The database needs to be upgraded from '9.19.0.7.0' to
'12.23.0.9.0'.

May I have the steps how to upgrade the DB Schema Version?

5 REPLIES 5

Y1251
Level 5

attached is the message

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Ryan,

To upgrade the EV databases following EV 12 upgrade:

1. On the EV server, log in using the service account.

2. Run the EV management shell and run the following command: Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade.

3. Wait for Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade to complete the upgrade of all the databases. When the upgrade is complete, review the upgrade reports for errors. Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade writes reports to the EV installation folder (..\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault)\Reports\DBUpgrade. 

4. After the database upgrade completes, start all the EV services.

Remember to back up all the upgraded EV databases on a strong regular basis.

--Virgil

Hi Virgil,

Thanks, we have 3 EV servers (1 email & 2 File archive servers) and i run the command as the same time and got the message. Should I need to command in the archiving server one by one?

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Ryan,

You need to run the command on only one of the servers and it will upgrade all the databases. Make sure the SQL Management Studio is closed and no other application connects to the databases while running the upgrade.

--Virgil

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

The database upgrade is related to the databases not the EVserver itself, so you will not have to start it from each EV server