cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user mailbox not archiving, has archive, not showing as provision group member (but is)

Nate_D1
Level 6

Strange issue here, we have a report that shows the sizes of user mailboxes and noticed that one user was creeping up the list pretty quickly. I looked into his account yesterday and noticed that nothign had been archived out of his mailbox since may of 2012. I checked on the vault server and he DOES have an archive. I was able to browse the archive and see all the mail that was archived pre-May 2012.

When I check the archiving status report, his entry looks like 'user, Joe' below. My regular users look like 'working,account'

Mailbox Name Archiving State Mailbox Type Provisioning Target Provisioning Group
User, Joe
Enabled
User mailbox
Unspecified
Unspecified
Working,Account Enabled User mailbox Domain\Enterprise Vault Enabled Email Archiving Default

When I check his account in AD, he is a member of the provisioning group that we target (we just have 2 groups, 0 day and a regular enabled policy).

If I do a synchronization run in report mode, and try to select mailboxes, I dont see his mailbox in the list. If I try to run the enable mailbox wizard, I dont see his mailbox in the list (not sure if thats the right thing to do)

I am not sure the right sequence of steps to get this to re-associate. It seems like vault has lost track of where his mailbox is in exchange? I ran through the troubleshooting guide here:  https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/troubleshooting-mailbox-will-not-archive-enterprise-vault  The account is not hidden from the GAL, its not disabled.

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide!

20 REPLIES 20

Nate_D1
Level 6

Thanks for all the help everyone, issue is resolved.