cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to update the password

Alikh
Level 3

We have recently changed passwords of most user accounts used as service accounts.

After change we wanted to update the same on vault server. I have updated the password of archiving ID under target domino domain and restarted services.

But now we noticed that journaling mailfile is growing. The journaling has setup to use different ID to encrypt the mails. And the password of that id has been changed. I have tried to search for setting in vault server to update this information without success. Can you please guide me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hey Judy, I believe its about domino user ID password change. Your steps are valide for VSA windows user password change.

If the Domino journaling has been setup to encrypt the emails on behalf of any other ID than the archiving ID then you need to follow these steps to update the new password of encryption user ID.

1. Login EV Server using Vault Service account credentials.

2. Open Vault Admin console >> Expand Targets >> Domino >> Domino DomainName >> DominoServerName>> there you will see your journaling target added in right hand pane.

3. Right click on affected journaling target and select properties

4. Click on other tab something like ID file, there you will need to update this new password of encryption user ID file.

5. Once done, restart the domino journaling task and check the progress

I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Close the Vault Admin Console on all vault servers. On the Vault Server that is hosting the Directory Service (this is usually the first vault server setup) go to Computer Services and change the password on "Enterprise Vault Admin Services" and "Enterprise Vault Directory Services" through the properties of the services and at the Log On Tab. After changing the password there you can open the Vault Admin Console on that same Vault Server and go up to the top at the Directory Level, open the properties page for the Directory Level. You will have the option to change the password for the vault service account in there. After selecting OK This will push the change to all the tasks and services that that account is hosting. That should be all that is necessary to bring everything back up. Only need to do this on one of the vault servers as you are making the password change at the directory level. Judy

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hey Judy, I believe its about domino user ID password change. Your steps are valide for VSA windows user password change.

If the Domino journaling has been setup to encrypt the emails on behalf of any other ID than the archiving ID then you need to follow these steps to update the new password of encryption user ID.

1. Login EV Server using Vault Service account credentials.

2. Open Vault Admin console >> Expand Targets >> Domino >> Domino DomainName >> DominoServerName>> there you will see your journaling target added in right hand pane.

3. Right click on affected journaling target and select properties

4. Click on other tab something like ID file, there you will need to update this new password of encryption user ID file.

5. Once done, restart the domino journaling task and check the progress

I hope this helps. 

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Thanks Advisor for the clarification. I should have read more carefully. Judy

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Never mind..as long as our comments are helping the host :)