cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG Setup Complains Incompatibility with SEP

deepak_vasudeva
Level 6
Recently we had to put AVG along with SEP in the same box because one of clients' VPN policies need AVG in the system whereas our corporate policy stipulates SEP. I have attached the warning message put by AVG along with this note.

I am sure there is no harm in having two AVs in the same box as long as resources (memory and processor) are comfortable. Can you ensure this thought is moved to an appropriate forum and passed to SEP developers so that they could analyse the issue and alleviate the disparities or incompatibilities in the product with the peer versions?
4 REPLIES 4

Thomas_K
Level 6
Before using Symantec or Norton AntiVirus (SAV or NAV), uninstall other companies' anti-virus product to prevent software conflicts and system crashes.
Running two different AV products on the same system is highly discouraged. The two AV programs will cause conflicts and can max out your system resources.

deepak_vasudeva
Level 6

Yes Cycletech. I understand that. But when you have a business need as I stipulated and driven by VPN policies I believe you need to get a way out right? The other solution might be to use a Oracle VirtualBox.

Do you see any issues over there?

Thomas_K
Level 6
You might be a ble to run a virtual image with another AV running. I have never tried this, but it is a solution worth testing. Let us know how it goes.

Thomas

deepak_vasudeva
Level 6

Sure. Let me ask my friend to take his helpdesk assistance to set it up. Once I get the updates from him I would share the observations with you guys.