cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Wait times

lasix01
Level 3

Is there anybody at Symantec that can fix what is going on with your support? 4 hour wait times on the phone. No call backs or follow up emails. Hold music that sounds like it coming from a slightly off-tuned alarm clock radio.

This has been going on for way to long. How can you expect someone to waste half their workday on hold? Then just get someone to give you info you got on-line and then have to wait days for a level II tech to call you back. Online request get no response or responses up to a week later.

On top of this, I called to find out where I can lodge complaints about this and told there is no place.

Symantec, either your products are so horrible that your support lines are clogged with desperate end users or your support department is being horribly mismanaged.

seriously please fix it!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Thomas_K
Level 6

I can understand your frustration. Can you tell me what product you are using? I would suggest you start a forum thread for your issue in tandem with your support call. The Trusted Advisors or TSE's here in Connect might be able to help you while you are on hold.

Give me a detailed description of your issue as well as the version of the product , and I will move you to the correct forum.

Best,

Thomas

lasix01
Level 3

Thanks you for the offer, but this is not an isolated incident. I am routinely on tech support (once a month) as we have a unique environment. I usually can find the answers to problems by scouring these forums and other Internet resources. By the time I am calling, I am just going to get my call escalated as soon as it gets assigned a tech.

My complaint is with how support in general is handled.

Since there is no official outlet to direct my complaint, I stuck it here in hopes that someone at Symantec sees it and realizes how awful their support model is and how bad it has declined over the last year or so.

Every time I call Symantec, an office pool quickly starts up as to how long I will be on hold. Today, I am at 3+ hours already and still holding. How is that acceptable at any company?

ranting is now off

Thomas_K
Level 6

Please tell us the product you are using,  so the people monitoring this forum can know what support group to address. With over 100 Enterprise products, it is impossible to guess which support group you are trying to contact.

Thanks,

Thomas