cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in Storage

IndianSoil
Not applicable
Hi,

I am working in Data Center Operations and using Veritas NetBackup. I don't know more than a few functions which are used here for monitoring backups and restoring data.

I want to know about career opportunity (or should I say moneywise), what will the scopes be available there if I get its training and certification?

I am thinking of going for UNIX / Linux or Storage track. Which one will be the better? Or can I do both of them together?
5 REPLIES 5

Beverly_van_de_
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

I would consult your peers and look to the industry for additional feedback.  Meanwhile, I would recommend that you pursue the Storage Foundation UNIX path.  Just yesterday, Symantec published a new Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0 certification exam that's available through Prometric. 

Also, since you're working with NetBackup, you might want to consider the new NetBackup for UNIX exam that will be available April 7th.

Stay tuned to Symantec Certification on Monday or Tuesday for a newly designed website, including full curriculum paths.  There you will be able to view in detail the recommended preparation. 

Let us know if you seek additional information after you view Symantec Certification on Monday or Tuesday

Message Edited by Beverly van de Velde on 03-14-2008 02:20 PM

Message Edited by Beverly van de Velde on 03-14-2008 02:20 PM

roger2008
Not applicable

I am working in Call centre as back office execute. I am graduate person in Commerce stream. I don't know more about career. I want to know about career opportunity.

===============================================================

Roger

Social Bookmarking

M_Samir0n
Level 4
can you please provide me simulator for net backup, that I can practice. Actually I dont have that in my data center. We are planning for some online  backup software.

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited
The training material areavaibale on Symantec site, u need to find out.

lisabran
Level 3

well i think SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is better?