cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Link for Backup Exec 11d 7170

rjmartin
Level 1

Does Veritas have an FTP site or a different Web site to download older versions such as 11d 7170? Not having any luck with with support or the Veritas site.

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@rjmartin

Veritas always remove download links for EOSL products. (Curious to know why anyone would need such an old version.) 

Maybe someone in the Backup Exec forum can help you with a cd/dvd that they have in a 'bottom drawer'. 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I used to have these links, but they all referred to the Symantec site. Seems they no longer work as they point to www.symantec.com Best you reach out to someone like Colin Weaver and ask him, but 11d rev. 7170 was out in 2008 already, and you might be out of luck.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...honestly, this formatting is ridiculous. I put in spaces and paragraphs and it STILL just plonks everything together.

This doesn't happen on Connect!!!

Is there any other way? Why do they delete the previous versions anyway? Let me know if there are similar useful sites.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@novajones001 

BE11 is literally 11 versions ago and reached EOSL on August 4, 2014.
See https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000116356
Current version is 20.x.

You cannot expect any software vendor to keep all currently supported versions available for download plus all previous EOL versions.

Do you expect Microsoft to still have Windows 2003 or 2000 available for download? 

I am pretty sure that you purchased 11D in CD or DVD format, right? Your best bet is to locate it.
Or ask in the Backup Exec Forum if 'someone' still has cd/dvd that they could upload for you on a share.