cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOL/EOLS/EOSL/

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Once a Major Release and its related releases reach EOL, they enter the Limited Support phase.

Query

Under the phase of Limited Support what benefits customers cannot get ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Yes, either by providing the patch or bug fix in the future version.

View solution in original post

_r___
Level 6
Certified

It's so the customer has more than enough time to migrate from product that is going away and not just left hanging at the last second. 2 years should be more than enough time at most places. And even at EOSL, the customer can usually pay and extra fee for additional support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Limited Support: Once a Major Release and its related releases reach EOL, they enter the Limited Support phase. The Limited Support
phase typically lasts for 30 months following EOL. During the Limited Support phase we will provide code modifications or Bug Fixes to
address Problems where there has been data loss, production systems are inoperable, significant security vulnerabilities are identified, or
there are other significant product defects. For other types of Problems, we will typically provide an existing Bug Fix or we may elect to
address your Problem through a regularly scheduled or future Software Version Upgrade. We will continue to provide Content Updates
during this Limited Support phase. Note that some older documentation may refer to the Limited Support phase as the “post-EOL
Standard Support” period.

reference

http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/other_resources/b-end_of_life_policy_for_business_products.en-us.pdf

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks for your kind words. I know this all what have you said. Let me elaborate my question again.

- IS "EACH AND EVERY PROBLEM" / ALL PROBLEMS GETTING RESOLVED DURING THE LIMITED SUPPORT PERIOD ?    YES/NO

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Yes, either by providing the patch or bug fix in the future version.

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks to clear my confustion.

If every thing is cover between End of Life Date to End of Support Life Date then why there is a middle man End of Limited Support Date ?

=========================================

SYMANTEC SUPPORT LIFE CYCLE

End of Support
Life Date
End of Limited Support Date End of Life Date Release Date

_r___
Level 6
Certified

It's so the customer has more than enough time to migrate from product that is going away and not just left hanging at the last second. 2 years should be more than enough time at most places. And even at EOSL, the customer can usually pay and extra fee for additional support.

Zahid_Haseeb

Thats great. Thanks Brian and pete