cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileConnect: needing an update?

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi all, just a random question.  For say the past 4 or 5 years I've used Fileconnect and it hasn't changed much if at all in all that time.  One thing that has always been an issue for me as far back as I can remember is when I choose to use the Download Manager optioni for muliple file downloads.  Rarely, or maybe even never, has it ever finished more than one file in the queue during a session.  And often for one reason or another, it'll time out after the frist file is done (that is, it sits there at 100% on the first file, forever if I let it, and upon refreshing the scrfeen I find I have to re-login to FileConnect).  Also interesting is that often after I re-login, I browse to the files listing again, click Begin Download and it goes back to the session timed out stuf again. 

Just wondering who else runs into this.  I know it's not me, because on everything from XP to Windows 8, with server 2003 and 2008 I do these downloads, various Java versions all across the board, and it's always the same kind of thing. 

Just odd stuff.  Is Symantec maybe going to improvfe this download manager?  It doesn't even hnave a resume function that I can see (I think it just auto-resumes the files if you set it to download to the same target as during the original session though), but the ability to interactively resume has sort of become the norm for these types of vendor-supplied download managers.  It'd be nice to see Symantec catch up on this one :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Santana
Level 6

Mixit, please have a look at the FileConnect site now, somehow it is revamped and looks new to me :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_Santana
Level 6

Mixit, please have a look at the FileConnect site now, somehow it is revamped and looks new to me :)

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited

the new download site has additional features for download ease.

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

That's some crazy coincidence :) I'll have a look.  With any luck there's a feedback link somewhere in there so peple can give feedback into the new design.  Thanks guys. 

Hakeem
Level 4

Dears,

I don't know is it only me that I can not see the date of any published software updates, In past it was very easy to differentiate what has has been published newly.

Thanks
Hakeem