cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update virus definitions?

hurt_thunder
Not applicable
My Norton ran a computer scan and had 2 risks with the name Downloader.  I was advised to disable system restore and update virus definitions.  I don't know how to update the definitions nor can I find a question with my problem.......
4 REPLIES 4

mon_raralio
Level 4
Click on the Norton icon on the System tray (Lower right)
Or go from Start > ...Norton

You'll find the option to update there.

What are the actions done to the found risk? Was it left alone, quarantined, cleaned or deleted?
Try cleaning up all temporary internet files and then running a full scan. You don't need to be in safe mode to do this.

M_Samir0n
Level 4
Also you can manually downolad defs file from www.symantec.com & install the same. This will also work. rest is same.

Ajju
Level 4
Hi,

You can download and update the definitions through 3 methods:

Manuall process

Step1)

Goto the URL

http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=savce

Download  the  ***-v5i32.exe   and run manually on the system.

Step 2)

Go to Start--> Run  (type) luall.exe This will launch the live update exe and update automatically

3) Open Norton and look for liveupdate button and start.   In Settings options you can configure the frequency of downloads.

marvs_022
Level 3
you could update by opening the application then find the update tab, or you could automatically updatevirus definitions by going to control panel and find the symantec update.

regards,

marvin