cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate SPVUs associated with a given license?

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

I understand how to calculate SPVUs from the below SORT link. If I were to figure out how many SPVUs are associated with a given license then how can I find that out.

https://sort.veritas.com/spvu_calc

I am aware that Veritas has an internal license decoding tool but not sure if that gives any clue. Basically I would like to compare installed SPVUs with required SPVUs based on Veritas SPVU calculator, in order to maintain Veritas licensing compliance and also make sure there is no waste of license.

I have opened a case with Veritas, Tech Support and Customer Care looking into it for quite sometime with no luck so far. Thought of posting it here, in case I get lucky.

VOM's license reporting may help in maintaining compliance but it does not show SPVUs associated with a given license.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you requested Install Base Report (IBR)  from Customer Care?

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Thanks Marianne, for your response. Never seen such report before however I asked for that after reading your post. Waiting for their response. BTW, what all the information it holds?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The IBR should contain everything that can normally be found on License Certificates in a single spreadsheet - anything from order number(s) to descriptions, product codes, quantities, license keys, etc.

If you are requesting an IBR on behalf of a customer, you need an email from the customer giving you permission to request the IBR.