cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable popup

Elsy
Not applicable
Hello,

I've got the Norton Internet Security 2010 programm.
I get a lot of mail.
But everytime there appears a popup in the right corner with for example this message:

symantec-popup.jpg

This happenes every 5 seconds or so. When this happenes I can't type anymore and I have to click on the page to type again.
This is very unhandy when you have to type a lot.
Everything stops when a popup is showing.

Where can I disable this popup messages??

Thanks in advance,

Elsy from The Netherlands

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sandeep_sali
Level 3

One of the main reason for tis popup is that the E-mail scanner has detected some threat. In this scenario I would suggest to download the latest virus definitions then disconnect the machine from the network thereafter restart the machine in SAFE MODE and perform a FULL SCAN on this machine. With the latest definitions the threat if any should be taken care of, once that's done you can restart the machine in NORMAL mode and then connect it to the network. The pop up issue should be fixed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sandeep_sali
Level 3

One of the main reason for tis popup is that the E-mail scanner has detected some threat. In this scenario I would suggest to download the latest virus definitions then disconnect the machine from the network thereafter restart the machine in SAFE MODE and perform a FULL SCAN on this machine. With the latest definitions the threat if any should be taken care of, once that's done you can restart the machine in NORMAL mode and then connect it to the network. The pop up issue should be fixed.

LeslieMiller
Level 6
For future reference, you will want to direct Norton questions to the Norton community site: http://community.norton.com. This site is designed to support users of Symantec's business products.

Thanks!