cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a rebate question(s)

Journey
Level 2

I'm sorry, that it has to come to this. I've tried calling several phone numbers, can not reach a live human,

there's not even a promt/option to talk to a live human, Tried the "Ask jerrod" or jason or whatever that customer support thingy is...NO HELP THERE, also did the live chat session, chatted to three different people there...(they kept "passing the buck" as it were) very little help there, all they could do was offer the phone numbers that did NOTHING!!! So, perhaps, someone here can make sence of what I'm dealing with?

I currently run NORTON 360 v. 4...my subscription is due to expire in 6 days, o.k. In order to save as much as I can, (in this economy) I decided to stick with NORTON for another year. So the price varies, depending on where you shop...(I swear this leads to my problem eventually) I could buy it out right for $80.00. then I found it for $40.00 on the Symantec web site, but this was just a RENEWAL. O.K. what I ended up doing is

repurchasing v. 5.0 at "FRY'S" my local electronics store. Because the advertised price was $60.00 with...

here's the good part...two rebates, one out right for $25.00 AND one for "upgrading" for another $20.00

which would make my final cost $15.00. So. According to the rebate instructions, which you need to follow TO THE LETTER...it says to mail each rebate in a seperate envolope...ok, no biggy...but reading on (in the instructions) they BOTH want the "original" UPC symbol. I'm no magician, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT??? Oh, and if your thinking...I'm only entitled to ONE rebate...then why was it advertised with 2???

So, it's not that big of a deal, and surely the world will continue to spin, but I guess my overall question is Can I get both rebates, being it was advertised that way??? and how do I do it? thank you for reading.

2 REPLIES 2

Thomas_K
Level 6

Hello, You need to ask Fry's how to deal with 2 rebates at once. This is not a Symantec issue, but a Fry's Electronics issue. Good luck, I hope they can help you out.

BTW, this forum is for Enterprise support. Please visit the Norton Community for COnsumer product support.

http://bit.ly/NortonUserCommunity

Thomas

Thomas_K
Level 6

Update: I found contact information for checking on your rebate. You can also chat with a Web Agent to discuss your rebate issue.

http://www.symantecrebates.com/promocenter/symantec/email_us.html

Best,

Thomas