cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to get email notifications

wroot
Level 3
Just after the switch to those new forums i was able to get email notifications (though those were with the wrong links in them). But for ~3 weeks i'm not getting any email notification. Dont know where to post that question exactly. What can i do about that?

Sorry if i won't reply fast enough, as i'm not getting the notifications :)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

_peter
Level 5
Partner
 Hi all, you've probably already noticed this, but we fixed the notification bug - but there still are some things we need to improve with the entire notification service.  We're working on those as well, but you should be getting email notifications for your subscriptions.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

wroot
Level 3

KSchroeder
Level 5
Certified
It is rather difficult to find.  At the top of the page, click the "Me" link, then Profile, then the Edit "tab".  There you can customize your profile, and at the bottom of the page there are settings for email notifications.  You can also subscribe to individual threads using the Subscriptions section at the end of the thread (sometimes it is collapsed, so you have to click it to expand it so you can see the check box).

wroot
Level 3
Subscription is enabled there and i always subscribe every post i want manually (no i have enabled autosubscribe additionally). Also i have switched subscriptions to plaintext. Will see if that change anything.

_peter
Level 5
Partner
 Let me know if you continue to have problems with this.  We're making tweaks to the notification service and overhauling our very confusing profile area shortly.

wroot
Level 3
so far i didnt get any notification, not about your message, nor about some other new messages in my threads

dfrancis
Level 3
I noticed that I received a private message yesterday afternoon but never received any e-mail notification of the fact.  I checked under my Notifications but didn't see an option to enable/disable notifications of new private messages.  Is this out there somewhere and something I'm just not seeing?

_peter
Level 5
Partner
 Hi all, you've probably already noticed this, but we fixed the notification bug - but there still are some things we need to improve with the entire notification service.  We're working on those as well, but you should be getting email notifications for your subscriptions.

wroot
Level 3
today i've got an email notification about .peter's last message

M_Samir0n
Level 4
Thats great