cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

shant201
Not applicable

Hello Everybody,

I am getting the Kernel Panic error while deploying Windows image on HP DL 580 G7 server and I am using Linux PXE for the installation.

Can you please suggest as what can be done to resolve this issue...

3 REPLIES 3

g_lee
Level 6

original here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/kernel-panic-not-syncing-attempted-kill-init

deepak_vasudeva
Level 6

Is this a connect bug or an intentional act of the user to post it across the forums? I strongly recommend to Connect Team to see such duplicate posts be halted at submission stage itself. 

Perhaps if a post is applicable to multiple categories the same can be highlighted near the post (and it does  now) rather than physically spreading across the various forums.

g_lee
Level 6

for reference, believe both posts were originally posted in the same forum (general symantec); the original post was later moved to the correct forum by an admin to reach correct/more appropriate audience.

It's possible the user submitted the post twice by mistake; the point of noting the duplicate was so relevant replies could be posted to the original rather than spread out over 2 posts (which could/would result in confusion/duplication of suggestions, et al).