cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Experts Help

Tanveer1
Not applicable

Helllo I wanted to know something about Norton Antivirus products.....I am using Norton Antivirus 2007 Registered with registered key and everything.....My Norton Antivirus 2007 registration key is only for Windows Xp and Windows Vista....Currently I am using Windows Vista and my Norton Antivirus is registered for vista....I was thinking of upgrading my Windows from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and I wanted to know that will my same Norton Antivirus key for Vista will register my Norton Antivirus for Windows 7 too.....If I use the same Norton Antivirus key for Windows 7 will my Norton Antivirus get registered or not or Do i have to buy separate Norotn Product for Wondows 7.......

Please Help me I need answers........

2 REPLIES 2

Thomas_K
Level 6

I am not sure if Norton 2007 is supported on Windows 7. For Norton questions visit the Norton Community or visit the Product Support page.

http://us.norton.com/index.jsp

Best,

Thomas

EdT
Level 6

As it is now 2011, would it not be better to invest in the latest version?  On the other hand, if you have been renewing your license annually and your product is being updated via LiveUpdate, then it should be compatible with Windows 7.  

If you are going to use Win 7 64 bit edition, you will need a 64 bit client for full protection, so it would be prudent to check with the Norton Community (mentioned above) as to whether there is an updated client available to download.  Or check the packaging of your Norton 2007 product to see if it supported Vista 64 bit, as the client will be updated automatically by LiveUpdate if you install the vista version.