cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Need help Clarifying if this is a virus.

mstsuzuka
Level 2
Hi,

my antivirus is a Symantec Antivirus, corporate edition if i am not wrong. It came together pre-installed with the laptop that i bought from my school.

Yesterday, i recieved an email with attachments from a friend of mine. I opened the attachments, not expecting that this was a spam auto send email from my friend's account. it contained a
virus(or so i think).

I opened up my antivirus and checked the risk history, and there were 4 files, 3 cleaned and 1 deleted. I went to the directory where the files are located and tried a manual delete. But this was not possible, i click properties to uncheck the "Read-Only" box, but the 3 files still could not be deleted. Appearantly the entire folder with the 3 files all have a permanent checked "Read-only" which prevents deletion.

Attached are screen shots of the folder and the files.

Please advise
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mstsuzuka
Level 2
Thanks guys, i have solved the issue yesterday. I was ending some tasks when i realised that there are 3 tasks that were having the same name as the file names. i ended the tasks and then proceeded to delete the files.

Issue solved. i then scanned my com for virus, all cleared.

Thanks again =D

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Frank019
Level 4
What is the virus name that symantec found? Have you try botting in safe mode?

marvs_022
Level 3
hi! You could not delete it because, it was attach to applcation or workingon the process, what we call services is open.

try in safe mode then delete it.
that could help you...

mstsuzuka
Level 2
Thanks guys, i have solved the issue yesterday. I was ending some tasks when i realised that there are 3 tasks that were having the same name as the file names. i ended the tasks and then proceeded to delete the files.

Issue solved. i then scanned my com for virus, all cleared.

Thanks again =D

sbertram
Level 3
Hi did you run any free online scanners.  One you can run is from Trend Micro called House call, link is below.  See if that cleans up the mess.
Good luck.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/