This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version [and platform] level that validates that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to plan, install, configure, and maintain a data protection environment using NetBackup version 6.5 and below on the UNIX or Windows platforms.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the relevant technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
· Exam Objectives
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a study guide that targets those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
· Recommended 12 months of hands-on experience using NetBackup
· Familiarity with the administration and configuration of the Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 operating system or familiarity with the administration and configuration of a UNIX operating system supported by NetBackup
· Recommended Course:
Veritas NetBackup 6.x for UNIX: Administration (5-day) or Veritas NetBackup 6.x for Windows: Administration (5-day)
· Other Recommended Courses:
“Veritas Backup and Restore Concepts”
“NetBackup 5.x to 6.x Differences”
“Upgrading NetBackup 6.0 to 6.5 for UNIX and Windows”
“NetBackup 6.x Troubleshooting Techniques”
· Product documentation for NetBackup 6.5
Note: Be cautioned that, attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.