cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton system Works Question

tmik
Level 2

I am a total newbie on the computer - I wanted an easy to use Recovery/Backup program so I downloaded Norton System Works Premier Edition and the following programs from the disk.

Norton Go Back - Norton Protection Center and Norton Save and Restore - upon checking my system with 65GB of memory I found out I only have about 1.5 GB left and I believe I that at least 2 of the above programs are building restore files taking up a lot of unnecessary space. The question is do I need ALL 3 or can I just remove 2 of them and have one that is easy to use and be done with it all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tmik
Level 2

I decided  to keep the Save and restore and uninstall the other 2 as they seemed redundent.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If this is on a server, why not rather look at Backup Exec 2010 R3 or Symantec System Recovery?

In my opinion, if you decide to stick with any of the above products, stick with 1 of them...see which 1 gives you the best protection and restore capability.

Thanks!

Thomas_K
Level 6

If this is for a home system, I recommend Norton Online Backup. I run weekly backups using this product. Just configure and forget about it. It does exactly what I need for my personal backups.

http://us.norton.com/online-backup/

Best,

Thomas

tmik
Level 2

I decided  to keep the Save and restore and uninstall the other 2 as they seemed redundent.