cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Licenses needed for SEP 11

Min_Yang
Level 2

Hi, just like to clarify the amount of licenses i need to deploy on my systems.

Am i right to say that the number of licenses needed is dependent on the number of systems i have.

Assuming if  i have 10 systems, i'll be needing 10 licenses.

How about SEP Manager, is that a sepearate licenses i'll need to purchase?

If i am going to to setup a redundant SEP Manager console for the 10 systems.

I'll be needing 2 licenses for the Manager Consoles and 10 licenses for the clients(inclusive of the 2 servers hosting the Manager consoles) connected to it.

Is that correct?

Thanks for replying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mjahtetn
Level 6

Hello,

The Manager is included with the licenses, so you do not need a separate license. You could run two managers, however, neither would require a license.  So if you are running Endpoint on 10 machines total, you would only need 10 licenses.  The Manager would just need to be run on a compatible OS, but there is no license requirement.

You may also call sales at 1-800-745-6054 option 3 for further assistance.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Adam_BN
Level 3
Partner Accredited

The Manager is included with the total amount of licenses you need, say you have your 2 managers and 10 clients, thats 12 licenses.  Even if you have 3 managers (1 as failover), 56 on-site clients, and 14 mobile (laptop) you still need 73 licenses in total.  The license for manager and client are the same, no seperate SKU's.  As far as I know, you are allowed to install the client on the same machine as the manager, and I do believe that counts as 1 license. (Symantec Team please correct me if I am wrong)

Mjahtetn
Level 6

Hello,

The Manager is included with the licenses, so you do not need a separate license. You could run two managers, however, neither would require a license.  So if you are running Endpoint on 10 machines total, you would only need 10 licenses.  The Manager would just need to be run on a compatible OS, but there is no license requirement.

You may also call sales at 1-800-745-6054 option 3 for further assistance.

Thanks

MTrax
Not applicable
Employee Accredited

1.) Count the total number of each standard (i.e., non-virtualized) endpoint, regardless of endpoint type (e.g., server, laptop, workstation, etc.) to be protected by Symantec Endpoint Protection.

2.) For virtualized environments, (e.g., VMware or Terminal Services), count the total number of separately installed and concurrently running instance of the software to be protected by Symantec Endpoint Protection.
3.) Add together the quantities obtained in steps #1 and #2. This is the total number of units required by your customer. Each desktop, laptop, and server counts equally as one licensable unit.

Min_Yang
Level 2

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the explanations and prompt reply.

Appreicate the help.

smiley