cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing report

VictorV
Not applicable
I'm getting reports from customers that indicate that symantec Norton is reporting our web site as a known fraudulent page, what is the procedure to obtain the information by which this report is being generated in order to start the process to remove our web site from this list.

Regard,
6 REPLIES 6

vikram3500
Level 3
Report back to symantec on this. They may check on your site multiple times to ascertain and confirm that website is not fraudulent and stuff

vikram3500
Level 3
 Any updates on this issue?

anjansarkar83
Level 3
Partner
i dont think the site is infected. i have total faith in the symantec or norton.

vikram3500
Level 3
 Its not about faith. Its about a probable false positive. Thats why reporting to Symantec will ensure that the site will be removed from black listing

Kevin_Walsh
Not applicable
All the browsers I have tried, use a foolish approach to address phishing. All of these browser use a database of phishing sites (such as phishtank.com), which is created by users reporting a website as "phishing site". And then warn user of any such site being a fraudlent site. I usually disable phishing setting to avoid annoyance, and use a free plugin from http://www.parentapproval.com/

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Though Symantec/Norton is a security product so their website should be secure enough. But there are certain false positives, report it to symantec simple.