I am working with the Global Sales & Services Education Enablement Leadership team to develop our key initiatives/strategies for 2012 and beyond. I would love to hear your thoughts on what you would like to see in the Symantec Certification Program for 2011-2012. I have some specific questions, but welcome all input.
- Would you consider a technical Symantec Cloud certification program important or prestigious in the industry? Why?
- A potential Symantec Master Cloud Specialist program could cover the following:
- Advanced technical competence targeting end users’ ability to architect, integrate, and manage Symantec solutions in the cloud
- How to build a cloud, secure the cloud, offer services for the cloud, and build private clouds
- Cover Symantec suites, such as: Symantec Protection Suite, Archiving & eDiscovery, Backup (BE & NBU), Storage Mgmt & High Availability (SF & VCS)
Do the above bullets look like they would be appropriate as a high level scope for a Symantec Cloud technical certification program? Are there other factors that we should consider?
- If interested in achiving a techincal Symantec cloud certification, when would you plan to pursue certification? As soon as possible? Within 3 months? Within 6 months? Within a year?
- How would you prepare for a techincal Symantec cloud certification?
- What role most closely describes your function (e.g., System Adminstrator, Storage Adminstrator, IT Security Analyst, Customer, Consultant, Partner/Reseller, Storage Architect, Manager, etc.)?
- What would be a primary motivator for becoming a Symantec Master Cloud Specialist (if such a program existed)?
To learn more about the Symantec Certified Specialist (SCS) program, check out http://go.symantec.com/certification.
Thanks for your time!
Beverly van de Velde
Sr. Manager, Symantec [Technical] Certification Program