cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SymAccount & Trial Download, do not like FIREFOX ?

Pascal_KOTTE1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I see a few times and different systems, and also customers Symaccount reproducing:

When using Firefox to login on a "trial" download:

• the message "try later"

Sorry! Your request could not be processed. Please try after some time.

• or cycling back the login screen (but no login error)

If switching IE: We can login correctly.

It is also possible was already identified on "Connect.Symantec.com", using Firefox, and not the same "credential". I suppose Symantec using a local "cookie" or something like that to identify an existing "Symaccount" session? But in this case, why asking a credential instead of proposing to reuse the Symaccount already logged in, or to log-out correctly ?

Another possible: SymAccount does not like FireFox... ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pascal_KOTTE1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

But I see I was using IE Tab + 1.99, and was activated for IE use. I switch back to native Firefox & got login correctly.

So I guess I got a "local" specific Browser problem. When I see another customer got the same, I publish in there to verify if not a more global problem. Seems not at all :)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thomas_K
Level 6

Are you seeing these issues with certain versions of Firefox? Can you supply me the URL that you are seeing this issue occur on?

Thomas

riva11
Level 6

My default internet browser is Firefox but I don't see any issues on logon authentication in Symantec website business page downloads.

Pascal_KOTTE1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

But I see I was using IE Tab + 1.99, and was activated for IE use. I switch back to native Firefox & got login correctly.

So I guess I got a "local" specific Browser problem. When I see another customer got the same, I publish in there to verify if not a more global problem. Seems not at all :)

deepak_vasudeva
Level 6

Chrome and Firefox here. Not sure if I am able to encounter any errors. If the page does not have any confidential info you can clip a screenshot and share it with the thread. Or if there is  a restricted info on the page, you can PM with the forum group admin.

Pascal_KOTTE1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Here the steps to reproduce:

1. you connect on connect.symantec.com using "one" SymAccount
  2. you go to "Trial.download" on Symantec.com
  3. You provide a login email, that is not the same you current "connect" SymAccount email.
  4. If same than me, you got
  • Same message above, or
  • Cycle repeat login page

But I feel this problem only my context, using IE TAB into FireFox.