cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantect Renewal and Firefox

hawkgiroux
Level 3

Today I renewed my NIS 2013 and it updated to NIS 2014. I'm running Firefox v27.0 and after the update my access to Norton on the toolbar disappeared. Has anyone experienced this problem or am I the first? I've gone through every option in Firefox and could find nothing that would resolve the issue. Since it happened after the Norton update I am assuming it is a Norton issue.

Thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

_r___
Level 6
Certified

It's possible it's not compatible but I would check the Norton community:

http://community.norton.com/

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

_r___
Level 6
Certified

It's possible it's not compatible but I would check the Norton community:

http://community.norton.com/

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...use Internet Explorer to do the renewal and then revert back to Firefox.

Thanks!

hawkgiroux
Level 3

Hi Brian:

Thanks

hawkgiroux
Level 3

Hi CraigV,

It's too late. I had Firefox as my default browser since I have issues with Internet Explorer I need to resolve. I already renewed under Firefox. I'm going to contact Mozilla to see if there is a compatability issue. Something tells me that Brian's response may be the case.

In any event I will post anything I find out from them, here.

Thanks anyway.

hawkgiroux
Level 3

I just found out that Firefox v27.0 in NOT compatabile with NIS 2014. I checked the Add-On Manager in Firefox and Norton has been disabled. I will contact Firefox to see when this will be resolved.

Thanks to all who answered my post.

_r___
Level 6
Certified

Yep, that was my concern.

hawkgiroux
Level 3

Yes, it seems to me that Symantec needs to address that issue. When live update is set to automatically check for updates the user should NOT have to intervene. Perhaps this should be a request for the programmers to review?

_r___
Level 6
Certified

Yes I'm sure you can post this as a suggestion in the Norton community.