cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Support - Requires Technical Contact ID

Gregg_J
Level 3

I'm trying to submit a support case through Technical Support, but once I get so far, it stops me and requires me to input a "Technical Contact ID". I have no idea what that is, and haven't been able to find any info on that. Can someone explain what I need to do to continue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you have a support contract in place with Symantec, you'd have a customer #. This is what it is asking for.

If you can leave it blank, try that. Alternatively try calling them, or log the query here on Connect under the relevant forum if you get stuck.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

If you have a support contract in place with Symantec, you'd have a customer #. This is what it is asking for.

If you can leave it blank, try that. Alternatively try calling them, or log the query here on Connect under the relevant forum if you get stuck.

Thanks!

Gregg_J
Level 3

Ah, that was it. Sorry about that, but they didn't really blatantly say that's what they were looking for. I managed to find the number on a document they e-mailed me when we purchased our software. Thanks for the help.

M_S__Croy
Not applicable

I used the customer number. I used the order number, I used the serial number. I used the certificate number. I used the RTSM ID/Support ID. None of them work so I cannot get my support ticket opened.

CraigV

...if you have support, your customer # should work, and if this is the case, contact them and ask them why you can't open a case.