Uninstalling Symantec Win64 without password

I have been trying to uninstall this product from my Laptop (Vista Ultimate). I no longer have the HP supplied disk and password. Can you tell me how to uninstall this software as it reinstalls even after a regedit.

Thank You

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Try this TAKE A BACKUP of the

Try this TAKE A BACKUP of the registry

Change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\smc_exit_test from 1 to 0 prior to stopping the service.if smc requires a password

1. Stop the SMC service.

2. Delete the SmcInstData key located under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\

3. Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection uninstall

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi, Do you use SEP 11? Is

Hi,

Do you use SEP 11? Is your client managed or unmanaged? do you have SEPM somewhere in your environment.

Win64 was the installed program

The client is unmanaged. Did last year tie this laptop into a domain in NY at work but the firm is no more. That user inactive.

I am unfamiliar wirh SEP 11 or  SEPM but a friend from the same firm suggested that he had problems with End Point Protection on his laptop he had taken to work.

I see no evidence of them in the registry just the normal Symantec Antivirus entries.

Give this a try - How to

Give this a try -

How to manually uninstall the Symantec Endpoint Protection client from Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 2008 R2 64-bit

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH91038&locale=en_US

Accepted Solution!

Try this TAKE A BACKUP of the

Try this TAKE A BACKUP of the registry

Change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\smc_exit_test from 1 to 0 prior to stopping the service.if smc requires a password

1. Stop the SMC service.

2. Delete the SmcInstData key located under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\

3. Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection uninstall

View solution in original post

Highlighted