cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Security Center

mcchap
Level 2

Recently on my PC, the Window Security Center is giving me an alert saying Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition might be out of date.  However, I recently did a live update and have all the current virus protections downloaded and I recently ran a full scan and found no threats.  Can anyone advise me why this Windows alert may be happening.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Thomas_K
Level 6

What is your version of SAV?

Symantec Antivirus 8.0 reached its End of Support Life as of November 30, 2005 and Symantec Antivirus 8.1 reached its End of Support Life as of January 31, 2007, as defined in the Symantec Enterprise Technical Support Policy. Therefore virus definition updates are no longer supported for this product.

Symantec Antivirus 9.x will reach its End of Support Life as of March 31, 2009. Virus definition updates for version 9.x will be discontinued on April 1, 2009. Please contact your account manager or reseller for information about our current shipping versions.

mcchap
Level 2

Under the help tab About Symantec AntiVirus it says "Full Version 10.0.0.35 with a 2005 Copywright.  But as I said before, I've been able to download live updates and it's been working fine until recently when the Window Secuirty Center started giving me these alerts. 

So does this mean that this version is out of date.  Basic language reply please -- I'm not a techie.

Thomas_K
Level 6

SAV 10 is still supported, but your version is very old and should be updated. What is the OS and service pack of your system. Make sure you are running with the latest Windows service pack for your operating system.

Kitisak
Level 2

Some of PCs still use SAV 8.0. I understood the end of support but I still need to use SAV 8.0 on those PCs. I try to searching the updated definition on the web and found Norton Antivirus Definition Update free download. After I downloaded the update definition and install on those PCs, the virus list is updated. I don't know that Symantec has any link to provide download the definition and update the download file manually? 

Thomas_K
Level 6

Just understand that those definitions are not tested or supported. Your systems are not getting the protection that you need to keep you secure from modern day threats. You really need to upgrade those old SAV clients ASAP.

Thomas

Kitisak
Level 2

Thank you for your advice.