cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cblauncer teil von code::blocks widerholt "False Positive" durch norton360

Eckard_Klotz
Level 2

Hallo Allerseits.

Ich bin schon seit Jahren sehr zufriedener Nutzer des Open Dource Projectes Code::Blocks (www.codeblocks.org)

Leider habe ich seit dem ich Norton 630 (seit Ende letzetn Jahres) benutze immer Probleme mit dem Dowload von aktuellen "nightly builds". Im speziellen wird immer ein und die selbe Datei "cblauncher.exe" als potentielles Problem erkannt. Wenn ich diese dann aber als "False Positive" an Symantec melde, bekomme ich nach einigem hin und her immer als Ergebnis, daß es sich tatsächlich um eine Falsch Dedektierung handelt und die Datei zukünftig nicht mehr als Problem erkannt werden würde. Leider gilt das aber immer nur für die aktuelle Version und mit jedem neuen "nightly build" geht das Theater von vorne los.

Nun kann man zwar mutmaßen, daß mit jeder neunen Version sich die Datei inhaltlich ändert und somit auch ein neues "False Positive" nicht zu umgehen ist. Aber leider habe ich das Gefühl, daß jede meiner dies bezüglichen Meldungen wie eine Erst-Meldung behandelt wird, obwohl ich unter "Additional notes" sämmtliche mir zu diesem Thema bekannten "submission" Nummern mit angebe. Es sollte also daraus hervorgehen, daß damit eine längere Geschichte verbunden ist. Hinzu kommt, daß ich bisher jedes mal zwei Meldungen abgeben mußte, da angeblich der angegebene Download-Pfad nicht ohne Passwort zugänglich war oder sonst etwas nicht stimmte.

Ich vermute einfach ein Mal, daß hier ein Automat am Werk ist, der einfach nicht darauf eingerichtet ist, um die "Additional notes"  zu interpretieren. Wenn dann aber hinterher sich trotzdem jemand noch ein mal die Mühe macht mich um weitere Informationen zu bitten, kann der dann diese nicht gleich in eine Daten-Bank eingeben, auf deren Inhalt man beim nächsten "nightly build" verweisen kann? Ich würde mir wünschen irgendwie angeben zu können, daß die nächste Meldung nicht die erste zu diesem Fall ist.  

Ich kann ja verstehen, daß ein neues Kompilat unter dem gleichen Namen wieder zu einer Detektierung führen kann, wenn sich das Verhalten nicht ändert. Ich kann auch verstehen, daß es meiner aktieven Mithilfe bedarf, um dieses "False Positive" zu beheben.

Aber wenn das regelmäßig der Fall ist, dann müßte es hierzu efektivere Möglichkeiten des Informations-Austausches geben der es auch beinhaltet an mich Rückfragen zustellen, wenn  meine Angaben unzureichend oder unverständlich sind. Zum Beispiel habe ich mehrfach versucht, zu erklären, wie sich bei den "nightly builds" der Name der 7zip-Dateien zusammensetzt, die man herunter laden muß und daß diese natürlich auch im Nightly-Forum "http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,20.0.html" ein eigenes Topic haben. Irgendwie scheine ich das aber nicht verständlich genug gemacht zu haben. Ich gebe zwar zu, daß mein Englisch nicht das aller beste ist aber es kann nicht nur daran liegen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Eckard Klotz

PS.: Hier noch einige Vorgangs Nummern zu diesem Fall:

submission [3491738]
submission (3590276)
submission (3613580)
submission (3614635)
(Tracking #38641341)

5 REPLIES 5

_r___
Level 6
Certified

Did you contact symantec about this?

Report false positive here:

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

Whitelist request here:

https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/

Software developer would like to add his/her software to the Symantec White-List.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH132220

Eckard_Klotz
Level 2

Hello Brian.

Yes and No.

On the one side assumed to do this with every new submission. On the other side if it is only processed by a mashine that is not programmed to recognize that tis problem occures frequently I can not expect a special reaction from it.

Thus I tried to find an other posibility to report something about this problem but the only posibility I found was to post it here in the forum somebody is able to give me a hint.

I see in your comment that you are a certified adviser. So I hope you can give me a hint how to report this issue in a way that a real human is reading my report and that this person is the right one to discuss some details about it.

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eckard.

PS.: I started this discussion in German since this is my native language and I thought that this is a German sub-forum. You answered now in English, what is not realy a problem for me as long as my English is no problem for you. How ever what Language is expected here from me and if it is not German where you able to understand my points?

_r___
Level 6
Certified

May want to post in the Norton community as well:

http://community.norton.com/

Whatever language you prefer, I can translate it accordingly.

Eckard_Klotz
Level 2

Hello Brian.

Thanks for your proposal. You may find my post there at:

https://community.norton.com/de/forums/cblauncer-part-codeblocks-frequently-false-positive-norton-36...

The reason why I write this is that tried to describe my problem in English in the hope that the one or the other in this forum who may have an additionl hint but does not understand German take a look to it.

How ever I think the real problem is not a Norton problem it is a Symantec releated problem since I have to report the "False Positive" to Symantec and all associated mails I get are comeing from symantec.com.

Best regards,

Eckard.

Eckard_Klotz
Level 2

Hello Again.

Like proposed by Brian, I posted my problem in the norton comunity also. Naja told me to use the Norton Insight dialogue to declaer my confidense for the specific file. But I'm a little bit unsure if this is realy the solution I'm searching for. As far as I understand it, this disables the heuristic scan of this specific file and the sending of name, size and special kind of check-sum to Symantec. But how will be ensured that I don't set a potential virus free. What I miss here is the upload of the file itself, like it will be done over the web-site report or the evaluation of my decision by an additional test on my mashine (I was not able to find especialy this point in the German description of Insight).

If while increasing the Confidence level for a specific file a more detailed test, like it will be done by Symantec for a "False Positive Submission", this will be nearly the solution for my problem. In the case that this is only a problem between my ears and sombody is able to give me a hint where especial this point is described it will be a great step forward for me.

An additional idea may be to have a Symantec certified browser extentions (I use currently Firefox) wich offer an additional menu for observing a download to force Norton to log for a specific download all neccesary data, while downloading installing or extracting a specific file to allow the Insight communication with the Symantec server to provide information like the download location also?  I mean if I already know that a special download my result in a "False Positive" I would allow with this special menue function for especialy this download to log all neccessary data wich may later needed from Symantec. If I than start for this file the install or extract process I would expact a similar menu function or an automatism that logs some more information if needed. And once a heuristic scan results in an detection and Norton forces me to delete the file, it can alternativly offer me sending the loged information together with the file. In this case I would assume that Symantec should get all neccessary information in the desired format. May be that instead a sending of the suspicious file Norton may also start the test on my lokal mashine. How ever this may be helpfull for me as well as for Symantec and other users.

Best Regards,

Eckard.