cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sav 10.2.3.300 on win2008 does not auto update through system Center

fida
Level 2

I have 4 win 2008 servers running symantcec 10.2.3.3000 client. they all connect to symantec system Center 10.1.7.7000 and get def update. 4 of them does not get auto definition update but i have to first logon to each client and fire up symantec client then do "update virus def now" from drop down men after right clicking it on each client .  if i do w/o logging in and firing up sav client it gives me this error message that it "sav was unable to start a definition download on the following clients (client name) . verify that the clients are working fine. Retry?". however all other win2003 clients are being auto updated fine. I have to always do these client manually.

Have any one have this issue and want to share his thoughts. will really appreciate ...Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikram_Kumar-SA
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Replace the root certificate from SAV server. and paste the grc.dat of the primary server to the C:\Programdata\Symantec ...7.5 directory of the 2008 server.

Also make sure Windows Firewall and UAC is turned off on the win 2008 servers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rafeeq
Level 4

if these are 64 bit clients then; they dont autoupgdate from SSC.

are these  32/64 bit machines?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sav-1016102-updating-64bit-internal-liveupdate-server

fida
Level 2

Sorry Rafeeq, for delayed response... got tied up.....these all are 32 bit clients

Vikram_Kumar-SA
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Replace the root certificate from SAV server. and paste the grc.dat of the primary server to the C:\Programdata\Symantec ...7.5 directory of the 2008 server.

Also make sure Windows Firewall and UAC is turned off on the win 2008 servers.