cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to install EAT on system

kannan4let
Level 3

Am evaluating the Infoscale Availability tool. While install over RHEL6.4(On VMware) getting error says that "Failed to install EAT on system". Tried to install several times after proper uninstall and getting the same. Tried to install on single server option even the same error. Can anyone point how to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I think you're still not get the concept of a cluster volume or cluster file system. There is only 1, yes, 1 volume / file system. It is shared between both hosts and it is accessed in an ACTIVE/ACTIVE manner by BOTH hosts.

This is achievable via ASM or CVM (Veritas).

So in the same guide you can refer to the CVM instructions.

Let me know if you need consulting services to set this up via PM.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RiaanBadenhorst

Apologies for late reply. Did you resolve this?

kannan4let
Level 3

Yes. Its resolved. For user creation skipped secure mode to get it done. But currently facing issue on service group creation. Could see severation docs doing different approch. My requirement is my application need HA setup with failover including DB data movement. Any steps are there to create service groups and etc.

RiaanBadenhorst

This is the guide you need. Follow the steps, let me know if you get stuck.

kannan4let
Level 3

Hi Riaan,

Can you share the document link ? didnt see anything in previous reply. :(

RiaanBadenhorst

Sorry, http://origin-download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/SFDC/5000/000004722/en_US/vcs_oracle_agent_70_lin.pdf

kannan4let
Level 3

Thanks a lot Riaan. Will try to steps and let you know if any issues and will get back if any clarification/doubts.

kannan4let
Level 3

Hi Riaan,

Thanks for the pointer. I have made a setup for oracle(not our application binaries installed) and fail-over is happening on the processes very well if anyone server is down. but the tables/data created in one server is not replicated in another server.

My setup as follows:

We have created our own oracle rpms(bundled from Oracle 11g rpms) with configurations required for us. installation takes place under /opt/New_Test1/ directory including databases. Also our is getting installed under /opt/New_Test2/ directory. our bundled oracle doesnt has ASM libraries and few other configuration tools for creating ASM disk groups/file systems etc.,

How we can proceed to replicate the data as well on fail-over.

* Whether need to create ASM disk groups-> install oracle binaries and DB files on that file system(not under/opt/New_Test1/)

* Whether any option without ASM to replicate the data like bit by bit file modification transfer between systems?

Any realtime example steps available will help us on this.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

What do you mean with "the tables/data created in one server is not replicated in another server"? Do you have replication? 

In a regular local cluster there is no replication, the disk with the Oracle Databases is shared between the nodes. When a failover happens, the disk is moved from one node to the other, and then oracle is started.

kannan4let
Level 3

Hi Riaan,

Yes. In regular local cluster there is no replication. We are installing Storage Foundation Cluster File System HA (SFCFSHA)  & Storage Foundation and High Availability (SFHA). We have tried in both application. Referred SF replication admin guide (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC5264) as well. We are configured with help of those commands in that document still facing issue on data replication or volume replication.

Oracle ASM disk group is not required. Instead we need to replicate the volume or files in HA. ie. whenever changes happened in a file in primary server, it should be replicated in secondary server and in fail over application should point secondary.

Detailed requirement:

* Oracle server should run in both server in parallel

* Data/files should be replicated immediately in secondary and vice versa in case after failover

* our application should be configured in parallel. this application parallel configuration is to avoid time taken for starting process(~30mins)

Can you share which application we need install in Infoscale and how to configure. sharing steps much appreciated.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Ok, you never mentioned that you're using Oracle RAC. You need infoscale enterprise, its the same installation media, but a different license cost/key.

You can follow this guide http://origin-download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/SFDC/000109266/en_US/sfrac_config_upgrade_71_lin.pdf

FYI, the solution you describe does not use replication. The data is not replicated, there is only 1 set of data, and both servers access it simultaneously via ASM. 

kannan4let
Level 3

Hi Riaan,

Thanks for the pointer. You said that data is not replicated and only one set of data. This seems disks are configured as shared basis and both servers should access same data. We need to keep data (Oracle and application should be in same server and failover of both to be done in secondary server) in a single server itself and on fail over, application and oracle data should be present in secondary. Any option to byte by byte file/volume transfer with Veritas instead of using Oracle(support if am not using oracle then i can use Veritas functions right:-)).

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

I think you're still not get the concept of a cluster volume or cluster file system. There is only 1, yes, 1 volume / file system. It is shared between both hosts and it is accessed in an ACTIVE/ACTIVE manner by BOTH hosts.

This is achievable via ASM or CVM (Veritas).

So in the same guide you can refer to the CVM instructions.

Let me know if you need consulting services to set this up via PM.