cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoscale 7.2 Installation on Windows 2012 R2 Successful but RDP Services crash

Mujtaba
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I am trying to install Infoscale 7.2 in order to Cluster NetBackup 8.0 on a Windows 2012 R2 platform. I am running into an issue where once Infoscale 7.2 installation shows as successfull then RDP access to both nodes gets disabled. I have ran the data collector tool before the installation and found no issues report. 

The notable thing is the first time i installed Infoscale 7.2 it failed due to some windows update requirements with error "V-72-1-494 installation of Micrsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x-64 has failed on one or more systems. The issue has occured because one of more required Microsoft Windows updates are not installed on the system."

I then procedded to i install the updates and repair the Micrsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x-64 and install the Infoscale 7.2. I see that the installation is successul, but once system is rebooted, RDP services shutdown. A Case was opened with Microsoft and this is what they have to say:

1. Server was working as expected and running normally and RDP is working fine
  2. Once your team install Veritas it’s corrupted the RDP as well registry files
  3. We manage to reboot the server again and choose last good known configuration with restore our registry from last good state and resolve our issue where we was able to RDP again
  4. After your time once more install Veritas it’s lead to the same issue
  5. We manage one more time to make our system up and running using the same trick for choosing last good known configuration
  6. At this point we are sure that Veritas application leading the server into our issue.

I later on tried reinstalling the OS and doing the installation again but same results again, so i need urgent help if anyone faced this issue, and what they did to resolve it. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

I haven't personally seen this but have you opened a case with Veritas?

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Mujtaba
Level 3
Partner Accredited

We tried many things, like working through ILO. disabling UAC, patching OS etc but still same results. A case was also opened with VERITAS and it came down to collecting logs and escalating with backline engineering team, but we decided to test with Infoscale version 7.1 as were short on time. Therefore went ahead and Installed Infoscale version 7.1 on same OS i.e. Windows 2012 R2 without any issues on boths nodes and then proceeded with installaing NetBackup version 8.0 in clustered mode without any issues.

But i am still wondering what will happen later on if and when we decide to upgrade Infoscale 7.1 to 7.2, will it corrupt OS registry again and shutdown RDP or will it work, guess only time will tell.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What storage are you using? There is a bug in 7.2 when you're using 3par where it can't read the disks and then vxsvc never starts properly. It uses a lot of resources and then its basically impossible to login, so it might look like RDP isn't working.

Mujtaba
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes it is a 3PAR storage, so guess we are hitting that bug, but its not just vxsvc as microsoft is saying their is some corruption in registry as well.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just sharing what I know, it could be both :)