03-04-2020 07:24 AM
I have a Veritas InfoScale 7.4.1 cluster, 2 nodes. I've installed VCS Java Console 7.4.1 on my Win10 desktop. Connecting to Cluster is possible only via first node. If I try connecting with Java Console via second node I'm getting the error:
VCS ERROR V-16-10-106 Could not connect to a live system in the cluster xxx:14141.
Both nodes are up and running.
Thank you for any explanation. Regards
03-14-2020 12:01 AM
take a look at these two technotes
to see if the info helps
04-01-2020 02:20 AM
I found out that my cluster has vcsauthserver only installed on one of the nodes. If I try to reconfigure security on a cluster with # /opt/VRTS/install/installer -security both nodes should then have vcsauthserver installed. And the broker which is listening for VCS Java Console.
Veritas definition: Reconfigure security - User configurations will not be deleted during security reconfigure. You need to re-establish the trust relationships between components after upgrading the certificates.
What exactly is changed with this reconfiguration? How can I be sure that this will not interfere with my Application already running on the Cluster?
Thank you. Regards
04-02-2020 03:52 AM
Can you run the commands below on one node and post the output?
haclus -display | grep -i vers
04-03-2020 02:01 AM
# haclus -display |grep -i vers
# hastatus -sum
-- SYSTEM STATE
-- System State Frozen
A e51 RUNNING 0
A e52 RUNNING 0
-- GROUP STATE
-- Group System Probed AutoDisabled State
B Network e51 Y N ONLINE
B Network e52 Y N ONLINE
B cvm e51 Y N ONLINE
B cvm e52 Y N ONLINE
I have 20 more SGs. I don't want to share it here...
04-03-2020 11:35 PM
is the cluster behind a firewall?
- were you able to connect to both nodes before? If you were able to connect to both nodes before but unable to connect to one now, restarting HAD on the node (without shutting down the SGs is recommended)
- check to see if TCP port 14141 (both directions) is open
- try to connect to the "problematic system" again then check the application event log for more detailed information.
04-06-2020 02:48 AM
From the beginning I can connect only on one node.
14141(had) is opened on both nodes in both directions. Only difference is that "problematic" node is not listening on port 14149(vcsauthserver)
I've tried to collect java event logs, but the log file is empty after I tried connecting to "problematic" node.
04-06-2020 06:37 PM
as nthe error you posted below
VCS ERROR V-16-10-106 Could not connect to a live system in the cluster xxx:14141
shows clearly the issue is related to connection made to port 14141
port 14141 is for VCS services below:
- Veritas High Availability Engine
- Veritas Cluster Manager (Java console) (ClusterManager.exe)
- VCS Agent driver (VCSAgDriver.exe)
Since the cluster is configured in secure mode, try the work around below
1. Close Java Console if open
2. bachp all files in C:\ProgramData\Veritas\Security\Authentication\VRTSat_lhc
3. Delete *.0 in C:\ProgramData\Veritas\Security\Authentication\VRTSat_lhc
4. Run “hasys -state" command <<< checl HAD in Running
5. Open Java Console and login to the "problematic" serve
If connection errored out, post the error